Monday, October 13, 2008

What is it that is pissing me off?

That someone is laughing at me in his mind? That those kinds of people automatically think they're better than I am just to cope with the day, when to anyone who is not blind, and I'm sure to plenty who are, it's obvious it's the other way around? That it would be more obvious if I didn't make such a habit of bending down to meet them for any reason, certainly not to help them, make them not feel bad, or to disrupt the possibility of a better self-assessment in any way. That is my fault, that they get to think what they want, simply because I passed the time of day with them, threw the dog a bone, as it were. That is my fault. I should stop speaking to: Those who are beneath me.
I'm think that my problem is that my worldview is based on the equality of all people, with (fairly) objective fundamental truths, (and outside of that, if you really want to be subjective, at least internal consistnecy within paradigms) or at least realities that are not based intirely on self-deception. I don't just buy into "that everybody's got a different perspective because XYZ (meaning they are all equally valid points of view-- Which is what WP usually mean about any opinion they have, which of course has to have no other criteria than they believe it, but not so with any contradictory opinion, even when the contradictory opinion is based on actual criteria such as data)." The trouble I'm having is that I still have trouble believeing that other views are not equally valid unless they are absolutely proved to fail in one of those categories.
The trouble is, when you're talking to people who have no moral or intellectual scrupples with pulling ideas (in this case justifications for their own actions and/or/ based on their perceptions of other people) out of their ass, it can be very difficult to prove these ideas are invalid. So I am stuck in a logical layrinth, usualy by myself, because as I said, these people have NO SCRUPPLES.

So if people tell me I'm crazy, (or stupid, or unattractive, or strange, angry- which usually comes with 'stoic' attached and from the exact same person; is it a coincidence that those are two contradtictory, yet widely held stereotypes of any group that has ever had the nomer 'savage' attatched to it??), I look at the ways in which this might be so, i.e., I try to find out if what I'm saying or doing fails to fit any of the above. That is my definition of crazy: wholly illogical, and likely unproductive and destructive.

No comments: