Monday, October 13, 2008

Hey!

On a side note, try not to look indignant when Blacks tell you that "we don't know him" crap with Obama is racially motivated. Really? After 2 memoirs? Can people not read or they're just having trouble finding the books?? Educated Blacks get that crap constantly. People insinuate all the time that underneath my cultured 'facade,' I am hiding some inner ghetto princess or savage or other "cultural" abomination (in Obama's case, a jihadi); straight white men and women who barely know me call me 'girlfriend;' I have 2 degrees in theatre and 1 in music, but I'm not supposed to have any IDEA what I'm talking about in these areas or not enjoy anything but August Wilson, Tyler Perry and Kirk Franklin. I'm on a tear here, but the list goes on and on, though I'm young and most of these people think they're...let's just say, less prejudiced than they are in real life.

No comments: